American Bureau of Shipping Professor of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Masters of Business Administration, Long Island University, 2003
M.S. Ocean Technology and Commerce, Webb Institute, 1997
B.S. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, 1995
- Academic Dean, 2015 – Present
- ABS Chair of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 2010 – Present
- Professor, 2011 – Present
- Associate Professor, 2007 – 2011
- Assistant Professor, 2002 – 2007
- Adjunct Professor, Stevens Institute, 2012 – 2015
- Visiting Professor of Engineering, University of Michigan, 2012 – 2015
- Adjunct Professor, United States Merchant Marine Academy, 2004 – 2015
- Independent Consultant NA/ME, 2002 – Present
- Naval Architect/Marine Engineer, Hiltveit Associates, Inc., 1998 – 2002
- Naval Architect/Marine Engineer, Electric Boat Corporation, 1995 – 1998
- Electrical Engineering II: Machines and Controls
- Engineering Mechanics: Statics
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Computer Programming with Applications
- Marine Engineering II: Introduction to Auxiliary Systems and Components
- Marine Engineering V: Auxiliary System Design
- Physics II
- Ship Structures
- Strength of Materials
- Submarine Design Technology, Senior Elective (assisted Dr. Compton)
As an adjunct at Stevens Institute:
- Total Ship Design I
- Total Ship Design II
As a visiting professor at the University of Michigan:
- NA 431: Marine Engineering II
As an adjunct at the United States Merchant Marine Academy:
- EM 200: Marine Engineering I
- EM 210: Transport Processes I
- EM 310: Transport Processes II
- EM 621: Advanced Marine Propulsion Systems
- Authored Chapter 31: Chemical Tankers for the text
Lamb, Thomas. 2004. Ship Design and Construction, Vol. 2, SNAME, Paramus, New Jersey.
- Challenges and Future Research, Presentation to ABS Technology Forum, Houston, Texas, May 2012.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Ocean Engineering at Stevens Institute.
- Actively consulting in areas of ship design, construction, operations, and management.
- Attended the National Academy of Engineering’s sixth Frontiers of Engineering Education (FOEE) symposium, October 2014.
- Regularly attend SNAME annual meetings and local section meetings.
- Webb representative on visiting team to Newport News Shipyard Apprentice School, July 2013.
- Reviewer of papers for SNAME’s Journal of Ship Production and Design.
- Consulting on NA/ME projects with AMSEC LLC.
- ONR/NSF Sponsored Faculty Workshop, Integrated Electric Energy Systems Curriculum, University of Minnesota, June 2010.
- Attended Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) seminar on preparing the MSCHE Periodic Review Report. Philadelphia, February 2013.
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)
- Admissions Committee
- Assessment Committee
- ABET Visit Coordinator
- Campus Security Committee
- CQI Action Team 4 – Semester Abroad Program
- Faculty Advisor to the Webb Institute Student SNAME/ASNE/MTS Section
- Faculty Honor Committee
- Library Committee
- Marine Engineering Curriculum Subcommittee – Chair
- Sophomore Sea Term Coordinator
- Faculty Representative to the Board of Trustees (2009 – 2013), Member of various BOT committees
- Faculty Search Committee, 2012, 2014
- Faculty Promotion Committee, 2014
- Naval Engineering Education Consortium (NEEC) – Primary Investigator
- Webb Institute Alumni Historian
- SNAME Education Committee Chairman
- SNAME New York Metropolitan Section
- Chair, 2013 – 2014
- Vice Chair, 2012 – 2013
- Secretary, 2011 – 2012
- Treasurer, 2010 – 2011
- Electronic Media Coordinator, 2009 – 2010
- Patchogue Medford Youth Soccer League – Boys U-12 Travel Team Coach, Girls U-11
- Intramural Coach