Houston Alumni & Students Lunch Together
Submitted by Tom Koster ’67
Photo (left to right): Yongjun, Connor, Jack, Chris, Robert, Richard, and Tom
Yongjun ‘Dan’ Chen PG'99 arranged a lunch on August 9th for two Webb students working in Houston for the summer:
- Connor Bennett ’14 worked with Yongjun at Technip, an offshore engineering company on the west side of Houston
- Chris Licato ’15 worked at Rice University on robotics
Also attending were several alumni working on the west side of Houston:
- Robert Bolling ’97 who works for Diamond Offshore, an operator of drilling semis
- Richard Kim ’11 who works at GVA, a designer of semi submersibles
- Jack Mercier ’60 who works at Global Maritime, a warrantee survey company for marine and offshore projects
- Tom Koster ’67 consultant for FPSO's to Cobalt, an independent energy company with leases in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Angola.
A great discussion was had about current affairs at Webb, work terms, and the offshore business in Houston.
Many thanks to Yongjun for arranging it, and the alumni who attended.