Mission and Vision Statements
To prepare graduates for prominent careers by:
- Providing a rigorous education in the principles of engineering and a broad-based knowledge of the fundamentals of naval architecture and marine engineering;
- Developing skills that will enable graduates to become leaders in and make significant contributions to their chosen profession and to the social environment in which it functions;
- Instilling in our graduates the highest ethical standards and sense of professionalism;
- Cultivating curiosity in the arts, sciences, and humanities, and providing the background and encouragement necessary to support life-long learning.
To be internationally recognized as a leading undergraduate educational institution in naval architecture and marine engineering and an asset to the nation by:
- Providing exceptional young men and women with a contemporary and comprehensive undergraduate education focused on naval architecture and marine engineering, thereby preparing them for prominent careers in the marine industry or other fields of endeavor.
- Providing valued technical expertise and educational opportunities to the marine industry.
- Perpetuating the legacy of William H. Webb