Freshman Kevin O’Keefe ’22 Reflects on Orientation Week

by Kevin O’Keefe ’22

NYC Scavenger Hunt When I first arrived at Webb, I was honestly afraid of what was waiting for me. I had talked over the summer with most of my classmates prior to Orientation Week, but I still had not really known these people that I would be spending the next four years with. Thankfully, because of the activities and events my new classmates and I took part in during Orientation Week, we were able to become close and get to know each other very well in a short amount of time.

Orientation, even though it lasted less than a week, was the best time I have ever had. It felt like a lifetime of fun experiences, with each day feeling like several. We had so many great experiences, from the clue run, which helped me learn the layout of the school, to the scavenger hunt in New York City. The scavenger hunt was by far the greatest of the activities we did during the week. The scavenger hunt had us do so many crazy things throughout the city for points. My favorite of all of them was trying on wedding dresses in Macy’s with my group. Oddly enough, the people there were really into it and they all wanted to take videos and pictures with us.

Going into my first year as a Webbie, I hope to learn to properly manage this new environment and still have fun!

Kevin and his classmates participating in the wedding dress challenge during the NYC Scavenger Hunt.