Senior Spotlight: Addie Lindyberg ’21

Hometown: Stockton Springs, ME

Thesis Title: Ride the Wind: A Seakeeping Study of the Gyroscopic Effect of the Wind Turbine Rotor on a Moored Tension-Leg Platform

Post Graduate Plans: Viking Systems

What was your favorite Winter Work internship?
My favorite internship was my sea term. I was on the M/V Cape Horn (a MARAD Ready-Reserve Ro-Ro) in San Francisco. Although it didn’t go anywhere, there was a lot of work to do because the ship is very old (built in 1979).

What was your favorite class at Webb and why?
My favorite class was Egyptology, which I took as my junior year humanities elective. I liked the technical classes too, but we take so many technical classes that it can sometimes be very draining. Taking Egyptology really reignited my love for learning, and reminded me that there is a lot more to learning than just getting a good grade and a degree.

Do you have any advice for incoming students?
Get involved in things that you are passionate about. There are so many opportunities to get involved in the Webb community in many different ways through student government, leadership committee, athletics, etc. Focus on the things that you are passionate about, and don’t worry too much about the workload.

What’s your favorite spot on campus and why?
My favorite spot on campus is the yacht club. It is the best place to go to take a break from work. Some of my best memories at Webb are taking out the whalers, swimming in the sound, and trying to learn how to sail.