Located in Glen Cove, NY on the Long Island Sound, Webb Institute is a top-ranked undergraduate institution offering one academic option, a double major in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. It is also the only four year full-tuition scholarship private undergraduate program of its kind in the country.
With 100% job placement, all of our graduates move on to successful careers in the engineering industry.
- Full-tuition scholarship for every accepted student who is a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- All students graduate with a dual BS in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Paid Internships for all students in every academic year
- All students live on our 26-acre campus located off the Long Island Sound
- 100% job placement to graduates every year
- Student-to-faculty ratio 9:1
- Students are governed by an Honor Code System
Lauren Carballo, Director of Admissions and Student Affairs
Experience the beauty of our campus first-hand. Contact admissions to schedule a tour, sit in on classes, and spend the night. Tours are conducted by the Office of Admissions Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm and select Saturdays during the school year starting at 10 am (except holidays).
Fall Open House
This year’s Open House took place on October 19th, 2019. If you missed this year’s Open House, please contact our admissions office to schedule a visit. Tours are conducted by the Office of Admissions Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm and select Saturdays during the school year starting at 10 am (except holidays).
Our annual Fall Open House is an excellent opportunity for you and your family to learn more about Webb! Prospective students and their families will have the opportunity to learn more about Webb’s unique academic experience, take a tour of our beautiful waterfront campus, and meet with current students, faculty, and admissions. The 2020 Fall Open House date will be posted late August 2020.
- Application submitted through the Common App
- $60 Application Fee or Fee Waiver (by request)
- A copy of your birth certificate, valid US passport, or US Permanent Resident Card
- Official High School Transcript
- Secondary School Report Form (to be filled out by College/Guidance Counselor or other School Official)
- Stadardized Test Scores – SAT or ACT
- Optional: SAT Subject Tests in Math (Level 1 or Level 2) or the Sciences*
- Two Letters of Recommendations
- If applying for Financial Aid, the FAFSA must be submitted within two weeks of the application deadline
(Deadline: October 15)
In order to be considered for Early Decision, you must complete your application by October 15th. Incomplete applications will be rolled over into the Regular Decision pool. Throughout the month of November, finalists will be selected and invited to spend the night on campus, during which they will be interviewed by our President and a faculty member. Finalists will also be asked to take a short math assessment and respond to a writing prompt. Final admissions decisions for all Early Decision candidates will be released by mid-December, and include acceptances, deferrals, and denials.
(Deadline: February 1st)
In order to be considered for Regular Decision to Webb Institute, you must complete your admissions application by February 1st. Throughout the month of March, finalists will be selected and invited to spend the night on campus, during which they will be interviewed by the Webb Institute President and a Webb faculty member and be asked to take a short math assessment and respond to a writing prompt. Final decisions for all candidates will be released by early April.
Our College Board SAT code is 2970. Our ACT code is 2987
Please visit our Apply page for more details.
Interested in Webb?