Do you have an unsinkable love of engineering and a passion for the water?
If so, Webb Institute may be the perfect fit for you!
Located in Glen Cove, NY on the Long Island Sound, Webb Institute is a top-ranked undergraduate institution offering one academic option, a dual Bachelor of Science degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. It is also the only four-year, full-tuition scholarship private undergraduate program of its kind in the country.
With 100% job placement, all of our graduates move on to successful careers in the engineering industry.
- Full-tuition scholarship for every enrolled student who is a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- All students graduate with a dual BS in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, recognized as the #1 most valuable college major by Bankrate
- Paid Internships for all students in every academic year
- All students live on Webb’s 26-acre campus, which includes a private beach
- 100% job placement/graduate school placement rate within six months of graduation
- One of the highest average starting salaries in the country (average – $72,000)
- 9:1 Student-to-faculty ratio
- Students are governed by an Honor Code System
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lauren Carballo, the Director of Admissions and Student Affairs, with Marissa Alperin, the Assistant Director of Admissions and Student Affairs.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, individual tours are only available. We appreciate your understanding of our decision to prioritize our community’s and visitor’s health and safety.
Experience the beauty of our campus first-hand. Contact admissions to schedule a tour. Tours are conducted by the Office of Admissions Mondays through Fridays, anytime between 9 am and 4 pm. Tours last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. You are also welcome to take a virtual 360 Tour of campus!
- Common Application (www.commonapp.org)
- Non-Refundable $60 Application Fee or Fee Waiver*
- Official High School Transcript* and College Transcript (if applicable). Note that students must have completed coursework in Calculus I and Physics
- Secondary School Report Form (to be filled out by College/Guidance Counselor or other School Official)
- Standardized Test Scores – SAT or ACT (College Board code: 2970 / ACT code: 2987) This requirement has been waived for the Class of 2025 due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation. Preferably one from a math or science teacher
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e., birth certificate, valid US passport, US permanent resident card (For students who are selected as finalists in Webb’s Admissions Process)
- If applying for Financial Aid above and beyond Webb’s full-tuition scholarship, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
*students can request a fee waiver via Common Application under the “Profile” tab. To qualify for a fee waiver, a student must meet at least one of the following indicators of economics need:
- The student receives or is eligible to receive an ACT/SAT testing fee waiver
- The student is enrolled in or is eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program (FRPL)
- The student’s annual family income falls within the income eligibility guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- The student is enrolled in a federal, state or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- The student’s family receives public assistance
- The student lives in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or is homeless
- The student is a ward of the state or an orphan
- The student can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader
Note that such students may also qualify for financial assistance in Webb’s Prospective Freshman finalist process, which requires that students travel to campus.
Admissions Timeline (2022-23 School Year)
|August 1||Common Application Opens|
|October 15||Early Decision Deadline|
|FAFSA for Early Decision candidates must be submitted by November 1|
|Finalists are selected and invited to campus throughout the month of November|
|Decision letters are mailed out in mid-December|
|January 17||Regular Decision Deadline|
|FAFSA is due for students requesting Financial Aid above and beyond Webb’s full-tuition scholarship by Feb 15|
|Finalists are selected and invited to campus in late February / early March|
|Decision letters are mailed out by April 1|
|April 15||Estimated Financial Aid Packages are emailed to all admitted students|
Visit our Apply page for more details.
Interested in Webb?