If you have an unsinkable love of engineering and a passion for the water, Webb Institute may be the place for you!
Located in Glen Cove, New York on the Long Island Sound, Webb Institute is a small, highly selective college that awards one degree–a dual Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, rated as one of the most valuable majors by Bankrate. As a “Webbie” you will collaborate and problem solve, all while developing the skills, knowledge, and networks necessary to design what you love and make your mark on the world! Even more exciting, is that Webb is able to provide this while awarding all students who are US citizens or Permanent Residents with a full-tuition scholarship!
- A full-tuition scholarship is awarded to every enrolled student who is a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Paid internships for all students every academic year during Webb’s Winter Work Term
- 100% job/graduate school placement rate within 6 months of graduation
- One of the highest early career salaries in the country (average = $82,000)
- All students live on Webb’s 26-acre campus, which includes a private beach and incredible lab facilities
- Students are governed by an Honor Code
- 9:1 Student-to-Faculty ratio
Learn more about the Webb experience and get your questions answered by the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs by attending one of our upcoming WEBBinars! These WEBBinars are intended for prospective students of any age!
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webb Institute’s Admission’s Team
From left to right: Alyssa Caliguri, Lauren Carballo, and Kayla Green
Experience the beauty of our campus first-hand by taking an in-person tour of campus! Personal tours are conducted Mondays through Fridays between 9 am and 3 pm. Prospective students and their families can request a tour by filling out Webb’s Tour Request Form below. Tours last approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
The Office of Admissions will respond to all tour requests within two business days. Note that the tour date and time are not confirmed until a confirmation email is received from a Webb admissions representative. If you are requesting a tour within 48 hours of the requested date, please call 516.403.5900 to schedule the tour.
You are also welcomed to take a virtual 360 tour of campus!
- Common Application (www.CommonApp.org)
- Non-Refundable $65 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Official High School Transcript* and College Transcript (if applicable). Note that students must have completed coursework in Calculus I and Physics
- Counselor Recommendation
- Secondary School Report Form (to be filled out by College/Guidance Counselor or other School Official)
- SAT or ACT (College Board code: 2970 / ACT code: 2987) (Note that due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, submitting an SAT/ACT will be recommended but not required for those applying to the Class of 2026)
- Two (2) Teacher Recommendations (one preferably from a math/science teacher)
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e., birth certificate, valid US passport, US permanent resident card (For students who are selected as finalists in Webb’s Admissions Process)
- If applying for Financial Aid above and beyond Webb’s full-tuition scholarship, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Admissions Timeline (2022-23 School Year)
|August 1||Common Application Opens|
|October 18||Early Decision Deadline|
|FAFSA for Early Decision candidates must be submitted by November 1|
|Finalists are selected and invited to campus throughout the month of November|
|Decision letters are mailed out in mid-December|
|January 18||Regular Decision Deadline|
|FAFSA is due for students requesting Financial Aid above and beyond Webb’s full-tuition scholarship by Feb 15|
|Finalists are selected and invited to campus in late February / early March|
|Decision letters are mailed out by April 1|
|April 15||Estimated Financial Aid Packages are emailed to all admitted students|
Visit our Apply page for more details.
Interested in Webb?