Professor of Egyptology
Ph.D., University of North Caroline, 1970
Studies in Psychology and Phenomenology, Graduate School, The New School for Social Research, 1964 – 1966
A.B., Hunter College, 1964
- Adjunct Assistant Professor (Egyptology), 2012 – Present
- Senior Research Fellow, C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 2003 to present
- Professor, C. W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 1980 to 2003
- Chairman, Department of Philosophy, C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 1980 – 1996
- Associate Professor, C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 1974 – 1980
- Assistant Professor, C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 1971 – 1974
- Research Fellow, Institute for Parapsychology (formerly Duke University Parapsychology Laboratory), Durham, N.C., 1966 – 1970
- English teacher, Jr. High School 117, New York, N.Y., 1966
- Established and directed Audio-Visual Department, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1965, Produced educational films and taped lectures.
- Egyptomania: Our Three thousand Year Obsession with the Land of the Pharaohs. Macmillan, New York: 2013.
- Secret of the Great Pyramid, with Jean-Pierre Houdin, Smithsonian, Washington D.C.: 2008.
- “Immunological identification of Plasmodium falciparum and Leishmania infantum in the skeletal remains of the Medici family,” Proceedings of the XVIII Congress of Italian Anthropological Association, 2009 (In press)
- “Return to the Great Pyramid,” Archaeology Magazine. July/August 2009, pp. 27-29.
- Secret of the Great Pyramid, National Geographic – Fall 2008
- Fulbright Fellowship to Turkey, 1985
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellow, Islamic Science, Columbia University, 1986
- David Newton Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1988
- Director, National Endowment for the Humanities “Egyptology Today” Program, 1992-1994
- TASA Award for Lifetime of Scholarship, 2002
- Explorer’s Club
- Egypt Exploration Society
- American Research Center in Egypt
- The Sudan Archaeological Research Society
- New York Egyptological Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Paleopathology Association
- Sigma XI, Scientific Research Society
- Listed in American Men and Women of Science
- Research on the Pyramids of Sudan – Jan 18-Feb 1, 2014.