Bruce S. Rosenblatt Named New Chairman of the Board

rosenblatt-bruceOn Tuesday, October 18, 2016, Webb’s Board of Trustees appointed Bruce S. Rosenblatt as their new Chairman of the Board.

Rosenblatt, President of Bruce S. Rosenblatt & Associates, LLC, is a third-generation naval architect and marine engineer who has always shown a great love and support for Webb Institute and the role it plays in producing exceptional marine industry professionals, many of which he has hired.

“My grandfather started his marine industry career 109 years ago and there is nothing that brings me more pleasure than to continue that tradition by helping to assist the future of the marine industry.  I can think of no finer place to do this than at Webb Institute.”

Dr. George Campbell Jr., who faithfully served as Chairman since 2012, will remain an active member of the Board.

“I am indebted to Dr. George Campbell for the outstanding mentorship and support he provided to me during my first three years serving as Webb’s president,” said President Keith Michel.  “Bruce Rosenblatt brings a strong understanding and commitment to the maritime industries and the education of marine professionals.  I have full confidence he will serve Webb with distinction and look forward to working with both Bruce and George in the coming years.”

Other Board appointments include Jon LaBerge ‘76 as Vice Chair of the Board, Greggory Mendenhall as Treasurer, and John Costello ’89 as Secretary.  In addition, the Board welcomed a couple of new members: Peter K. Wallace ’93 as President of the Webb Alumni Association, and Eugene R. Miller ’96 of Bath Iron Works.

george-accepting-award